Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Im using it and I love it.... except I am dealing with a bad lag and audio/ video sync issue. Im using my m50, I've watch several videos on YouTube.. nobody else seems to be having this issue.. any ideas?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Jitters and Freezes every few seconds

Using the EOS M50, tried different resolution and frame rates with the camera settings, nothing fixes it.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Assuming you are using OBS, R-Click on the audio track and select Advanced Audio Properties. Increase (or decrease) the Sync Offset until the video and audio match.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Tsnyder2399 I'm using streamyard.. I could try obs though. Thanks
Highlighted
New Contributor

Please provide a Mac version as well! Thank you!
Highlighted
New Contributor

• When using EOS Webcam Utility Beta software with your camera powered off, turned on from the off position during video conferencing or set to Still Photo Shooting mode, a black border may appear around the video source image.  We suggest EOS Webcam Utility Beta software be used with your camera powered on and set to Movie Shooting mode, if available.

Does this mean you can use camera as a webcam without it being powered on? I can only get about an hour of battery life from the camera in this mode and I would love to be able to use it longer.

Highlighted
New Contributor

It has definitely improved the overall picture but 570p resolution is not enough.

Does anyone know a way to increase resolution in obs or is it not possible?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@DavidCAllenFoto wrote:

• When using EOS Webcam Utility Beta software with your camera powered off, turned on from the off position during video conferencing or set to Still Photo Shooting mode, a black border may appear around the video source image.  We suggest EOS Webcam Utility Beta software be used with your camera powered on and set to Movie Shooting mode, if available.

Does this mean you can use camera as a webcam without it being powered on? I can only get about an hour of battery life from the camera in this mode and I would love to be able to use it longer.

Oh, you can definitely use it with the camera powered off and get much longer battery life. You'll just have to explain to people on the other end that there is a problem with the lighting on your end so they may be seeing what looks like a black screen, but at least they'll be able to hear you thanks to the external microphone. 

Thanks for the chuckle, assuming that was your intent.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions, it was the version of skype.

I updated to the latest and it found the camera.

Looks good now.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@ArthurDiniz wrote:

It has definitely improved the overall picture but 570p resolution is not enough.

Does anyone know a way to increase resolution in obs or is it not possible?

For now, doesn't look like it. My feeling is that what the driver is technically doing is wrapping the Live Preview used for EOS Utility's remote tetethered shooting in a UVC (USB Video Class) for the software to grab. I don't know if it is possible to grab higher res withut a firmware upgrade. Would be awesome if Canon can figure that out!