Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

@Canon_TLS wrote:

Hello requa,

you made my day,

I could not even imagine that Skype web could be part of the installation process.

Now it runs perfect with my G5 MK2 and the 5DIII.

G5 in 4K shuts down on overheat after 20mins.

1080P runs with no issue until the batterie is empty, approx. 2h.

Thanks again

I don't think Skype web needs to be part of the process -- I just used that as a tool to see if I could connect to Skype at all, then figured out it was the MS Store version that wasn't working right. I think 4K for streaming would be overkill anyway, so I didn't try it. I'm glad to hear your experience on bttery life as I had not tested that yet. 2 hours sounds impressive to me.

Dan

Highlighted
New Contributor

Will support be coming to older models such as the T1i? That would be great.

Highlighted
New Contributor

You have to end the EOS utility in your Task Settings (Click CTRL SHIFT ESC) then look up the EOS Utility and End Task.
After that the camera will work!

Do this if you see the EOS Utility screen show up instead of your camera.
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

t7i , EOS Utility uninstalled, new cable from Amazon made for canon cameras.  Sellers had a 5 star rating with several hundred reviews.  

Followed instructions.  Still unable to see nothing but the splash screen in my OBS or other web software.  Just the splash.  Unsure how to proceed so I emailed Canon support.  I informed them all that and that I tried on 2 computers.  No dice.  

I really want this to work!  I make at the least a grand a week from streaming and use a logitech c920.  I was going to buy a sony mirrorless to stream from because they are apparently easy to setup without a capture card needed.  I hope Canon gets the compatibility fixed!  I see some t7i users here and they are working.  That's a good sign.  I may see if I need to update my firmware. :/ 

*also rebooted a few times 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Were you ever able to figure out how to get rid of the black bars on the side, I am struggling to to figuring out how to get rid of them.  Please let me know.

Daniel.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I found this fine guide and work my sl2, i'm really lucky my laptop have a usb cdp port, other usb ports didnt worked.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Here are my findings so far.

I was unable to get this to work with my 1DX II or my 70D.

After much experimenting with the different USB ports, unplugging and replugging, switching modes.

I was finally able to get it to work once with my 70D but the issue seems to be the same with the 1Dx II.

-1st problem, when I plug my camera in it takes my camera out of live view and asks me to "Press start/stop button to activate movie shooting" which is a continuous battle because plugging the camera in or starting a webcam activity switches it right back to that screen. This mode also locks up and states it is busy.

-The second problem, the camera stays on a screen that resembles a laptop and does not allow any actions or switches to be made - states it is busy.

I was able to get it to work 1 time with the 70D by using a webcam test service on the desktop, before plugging the camera in I started the detection process and selected camera web utility, then I plugged the usb cable in with camera in live view, I continuously pressed the live view button which made camera bug out for a little bit and finally worked nicely. So I tried to repeat the process with my 1Dx II with no success and unable to recreate the situation with 70D as well.

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also made sure to close the eos utility in my task manager prior to all my testing and left the task manager open incase it popped up again which it did not.

***Update: Working with 70D, after starting the webcam app and getting the computer screen turned it off and turned it back on without touching anything else and it started working***

-Not sure if this is also related: Installed ML 30 minutes prior on 1 SD card and changed nothing else.

**Tried same steps with 1Dx II and get a black screen with webcam online test, and freezes with other tools like zoom**

Highlighted
New Contributor

Everyone:  I was checking out YouTube for ideas on why I couldn't get EOS Webcam Utility to work on my 90D.  Thanks to SuperCalla Cabl, I finally got it working!!!  I had to uninstall EOS Utility!  Just closing or exiting doesn't fully get rid of EOS Utility.  Once I uninstalled and rebooted, it finally worked!  It also fixed problem with connecting my 90D to my phone via Canon Connect using Wifi.  Try this out and hopefully it will work for those with similar problems.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Work great on an EOS R.

Only missing audio support (I own a Rode Videomic Pro).

Thanks for the upcoming update 😊