Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

No, the usb connection does not act as constant power
Highlighted
New Contributor

hmmm is there any solution for this? Maybe a battery insert adapter thing?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Very disappointing that there is no Webcam software for Mac.  Particularly sad since so many creatives and content creators work with Macs.  Hope to see the software soon for the Mac OS!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Cannot get this to work with my 7D Mark II.  All I get is the EOS Webcam Beta slide in all of my various programs.  (OBS, Wirecast, etc). 

To get my computer to even react to plugging the USB in, I had to remove the WiFi card from the SD slot.  Once that was removed, my computer beeped and the Eos Utility popped up.  It asked if I wanted to live-view using the EOS utility or download photos.  I didn't want to do either of those.  I closed the Eos Utility and the 7D Mark II closed its shutter and just has the graphic for a USB computer connection. 

Still only get the "Eos Webcame Utility Beta" slide in all software. 

Is there some other setting I'm missing?

Highlighted
New Contributor

After ~2 minutes my 80D freezes and displays Err 70.  This is on Windows 10, 64-bit while in the Skype preview.  I haven't tried an actual call yet so I don't know if it will do the same or surprise me and work fine.  Anyone else seeing this issue?

If this ends up working consistently, I can see myself using this instead of the garbage built-in webcam.  Thanks!

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the EOS M50.  Got the beta installed.  Zoom sees the camera just fine, but StarLeaf does not.  I'm guessing that this driver may be a wdm/directshow type driver, and some properties are not implemented, causing some of the apps to not work with it?  Just a guess.

Another thing that may affect other software is that the camera shows as a "portable device" rather than an imaging one?  

Just some guesse.  But a good first try at this I think.  Don't give up Canon, push to make this a full feature software, unlilke the Camera Connect app.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It looks like you have to end-process on the regular EOS utility.  That worked, whoever mentioned that up above.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm getting latency around 0.3sec on a G7X m3, not bad

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Total failure on a Canon 77D. Followed instructions, but could not get program to install on a 64-bit Windows 10 PC. Called Canon support, told them of my attempts and they were totally stumped. No one has any idea what may have gone wrong. Support tech suggested a 77D might not be supported by the software. From viewing messages in this community, other failures also are unsolvable.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Try 32 version that I installed worked for 5D3 that is not in compatibility list.