cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Software

cookieflare
Apprentice

Recently ive been trying to setup my eos rebel t6 as a webcam to use during conference calls, however everytime i try to select the webcam utility in any video conference software im immediately greeted by a screen that says eos webcam utility and then underneath that is an X and a usb cable. If anyone has any suggestions or knows how to fix this, please let me know!

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@cookieflare wrote:

Recently ive been trying to setup my eos rebel t6 as a webcam to use during conference calls, however everytime i try to select the webcam utility in any video conference software im immediately greeted by a screen that says eos webcam utility and then underneath that is an X and a usb cable. If anyone has any suggestions or knows how to fix this, please let me know!

Are you using a USB data cable?  Is your camera set for USB mode, not Wi-Fi mode?  Where did you find instructions?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

cookieflare
Apprentice
I just googled the instructions, my camera doesn't have WiFi and am using a usb data cable, not the hdmi cable. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong since I've followed the steps I've found online from cannon.

@cookieflare wrote:
I just googled the instructions, my camera doesn't have WiFi and am using a usb data cable, not the hdmi cable. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong since I've followed the steps I've found online from cannon.

Does your camera connect to a computer with the regular EOS Utility?  Not only will this test your cable, but it seems like the Webcam criver needs for it to be installed, too.  BTW, your Rebel T6 has Wi-Fi.  Make sure your camera is in USB mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements