cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV EOS Webcam Utility Questions

mikeyk
Apprentice

Hi,

I have just tried the EOS Webcam utility on Windows 10 with a 5DMK4, and after setting the camera up and I can see live video on the rear screen, as soon as I plug it in to the PC, the camera screen goes blank and the connected to PC symbol comes up.

In Zoom when I select the EOS Webcam, there is just a light gray screen.

Also I can prevent the connceted to PC symbol appearing if I remove the SD memory card, but the EOS Webcam still doesn't work. It is as if Windows 10 grabs control of the camera first.

Originally the EOS Webcam software was the first Canon utility installed on this laptop, I have since installed the EOS Utility 3 and then disabled it in case it was looking for DLL's from that install.

Windows always pops up briefly with a box asking what I want to do with this device when I plug the EOS 5D in to the laptop.

I have also successfully installed the Beta version on my Mac with out issues, but being Beta it was a bit flakey which is why I'm now trying to get this working on a Windows 10 laptop.

Also I have tried removing and reinstalling, I've tried launching setup.exe as Administrator, I have rebooted after each install. I have also tried Zoom, Skype and MS Teams. I also tried OBS, but the EOS Webcam doesn't even show up in there.

Edit: if it helps I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1709, Buid 16299.1932

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Review all of the instructions carefully.  Your first mistake is plugging the camera into the computer with it powered up.  

BTW, if you do not disable the regular EOS Utility 3, when you connect the and THEN turn it on, the EOSU 3 should launch itself.  This is one way to confirm that you probably have a good data cable.  Once connected, yoiu can set the date and time in the camera, or even control the camera in a remote shooting mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi Waddizzle, which instructions are you refering to?  I'm following the video on here https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility  which clearly says to set the camera up first then plug it in.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the EOS Utility cannot be runnng at the same time you are using the WebCam Beta Software.

**EDIT, posted too late.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

mikeyk
Apprentice
Hi, I don’t think it’s the cable as it works fine on the Mac and when I tried installing EOS Utility 3 (as I mentioned I originally tried this with just the EOS Webcam Utility installed on its own) the PC laptop could communicate fine with the camera.
Also this isn’t the Beta version.

Cheers.
Announcements