cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility

sararen
Apprentice

Hello. I have the Canon Rebel T6. I have downloaded and installed the programs from Canon's website but nothing happens when I open EOS Utility and connect my rebel (even with the usb cable).I have searched high and low for help and nothing has worked. I am using a systemwith Windows 10 for the operating system. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make sure the T6 is in USB mode not Wi-Fi mode.  Make sure you have a USB data cable, not a power cable.  The proper type of USB cable should have been included with the Rebel T6 camera kit.

There is a little more to the PC requirements that running Windows 10.  There are hardware requirements, too.  It really helps to an Intel CPU.  Your USB ports should come directly from the motherboard, not from a port expander.   It is suggested that your PC use a separate graphics card for video when running Digital Photo Professional. 

[EDIT]. Make the EOS Utility 2 is running, not the EOS Utility Launcher.  You may have to go into the Programs folder and start the application manually.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Since the last Win 10 security update I have found that on a few occasions although the camera will connect, EOS utility doesn't launch automatically and if you launch it manually it doesn't find the camera.  When this issue occurs, I have to disconnect camera, kill the currently running EOS utility in Windows task manager, and then I can relaunch it and connect the camera and it works fine.  Once I connect and download images from the first camera (I generally shoot with both the 1DX and 1DX2) it invariably has no problem finding the second camera.  I am using ethernet with EOS utility instead of USB but I suspect the OP has a similar Windows issue.

I had a similar issue several months ago after a previous Win 10 update as Microsoft continues to further break an already horribly flawed OS.  I really wish that Canon and Adobe would port their software to Linux so I could completely get away from Windows without having to go the Mac route since I really like my HP workstation and I am really sick of wasting time dealing with Win 10 issues.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@wq9nsc wrote:

Since the last Win 10 security update I have found that on a few occasions although the camera will connect, EOS utility doesn't launch automatically and if you launch it manually it doesn't find the camera.  When this issue occurs, I have to disconnect camera, kill the currently running EOS utility in Windows task manager, and then I can relaunch it and connect the camera and it works fine.  Once I connect and download images from the first camera (I generally shoot with both the 1DX and 1DX2) it invariably has no problem finding the second camera.  I am using ethernet with EOS utility instead of USB but I suspect the OP has a similar Windows issue.

I had a similar issue several months ago after a previous Win 10 update as Microsoft continues to further break an already horribly flawed OS.  I really wish that Canon and Adobe would port their software to Linux so I could completely get away from Windows without having to go the Mac route since I really like my HP workstation and I am really sick of wasting time dealing with Win 10 issues.

Rodger

I do not experience those type of issues with Windows 10.  I did with Windows 8, which had the annoying habit of removing software that it deemed as “foreign” whenever it did an update, which automatically runs Defender and another virus scanner whose name I cannot recall at the moment.  It was called “Malware” something or another.

Windows 10 seems to have stopped the practice of automatically running these virus scans, especially the second one.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements