cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility showing Busy on camera settings when automatic trigger connected

Wratey
Apprentice
EOS utility is working fine until we plug in our automatic shutter. EOS utility is just displaying busy and will not let us change any of the camera settings remotely.
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
I suggest that you ask the manufacturer of that thing. Obviously, it does not work. I am not sure if it should work when the camera is connected to the EOS Utility. I doubt it.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ErikB
Contributor

Sending location information in the Camera Connect app - Location information section is not working on my M50

When taking pictures using my M50 I use the  Location information from the Canon Connect app.

Normally I use 'Begin Logging' (with an active bluetooth connection to the M50).

But in my exprience that is not very stable. When I switch off the camera and turn it on again after a few minutes the connection is lost. I have to re-establisch the connection again, while the goal was to take a picture.

Trying to add the GPS location afterwards using the 'Sending location information' did not work because of the message I got  'This function cannot be used with the currently connected camera'

This is regardless of whether or not ( a combination of) Location log - Begin logging or Settings: Confirm whether to send location information when connected to the camera via WiFi is switched on or off

Does anyone know why this function does not work?

Or is the a better/more stable workflow of how to use the GPS function on the M50 using the Camera Connect app?

Thanks,

Erik

PS. I am using the Camera connect app on an iPhone 8Plus. The WiFi and bluetooth connection are working properly; I can use all other function from the Connect app (like Image on camera and Remote live view shooting).

Trying to add the GPS location afterwards using the 'Sending location information' did not work because of the message I got  'This function cannot be used with the currently connected camera'.”

Are you trying to send GPS info to the camera, despite the fact that you get that message telling you the function is not available?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle: Not quite sure if I understand your question.

Are you trying to send GPS info to the camera: Yes

- despite the fact that you get that message telling you the function is not available:

The function is available (clickable, it is not disabled or grayed out) but when I click it the message 'This function cannot be used with the currently connected camera' appears. The camera is connected via WiFi (all other functions work).

When I use the 'Begin logging' function, I can see a highlighted GPS icon on the camera's viewfinder indicaten the the GPS data is added to the photo i take. But often this GPS icon is disabled when i want to take a picture. Then i thought i might be able to add the GPS data after I have shot the photos using the 'Sending location information'  in the app. 

My goal is to get the GPS data to the photo's I take (or have taken).

Announcements