Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: EOS Utility not working with Windows 10

[ Edited ]

For people where removing drivers, uninstalling-reinstalling various installers/upgrades, unplugging all USBs, trying YouTube registry fixes, buying an old EOS-U disc from eBay, disabling all antivirus, firewalls, etc etc STILL didn't help...(!) Gavin at the higher level of Canon UK tech phone support just solved this for me. Event Viewer showed that this problem was due to corrupt configuration files. The fix for this is: go to File Explorer > C: drive > Users > your ursername > (show hidden folders)  AppData > Local > CANON_INC > delete all the folders inside CANON_INC. They're the corrupt temporary configuration files, no harm deleting them.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: EOS Utility working with Windows 10 !!!

[ Edited ]
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I spent hours trying to figure this out because the connection from the USB that was provided was never detected either on my Mac or Windows 10 PCs. I have a 7D MKII. Tried one thing that doesn't involve installing or deleting drivers or any of that!!

Simply remove the wifi card then plugin, turn camera on and if the utility doesn't start, start it up manually and it should work.

Worked on Windows 10 with Eos Utility 2 and 3 and Eos Utility on Macbook 15" mid 2015 with Sierra OS.

Hopefully, this works for many c:

Cheers!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Disable your WiFi and connect using USB cable

Wifi.PNG

New Contributor

Mine is still not working. Trying to do remote shooting on my eos rebel t6. I have the utility downloaded with the updater. Turned the wifi on disavke for my camera, connected my camera and stilk nothing happened. I cant click romote sgooting at all.