cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility not working with Windows 10

almaniac
Apprentice

Hi all, 

I just upgraded to Windows 10, and immediatly ran into the problem that is described in this thread about Windows 8:

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/Eos-Utility-problem/td-p/1189

After reading that thread I decided to unplug the other USB devices I had in the computer at the time (Garmin Watch, USB key, smart phone) and turn off the camera.  I then turned on the camera and ran the EOS utility and it found my camera and worked correctly.

Clearly this problem is still not resolved, but that simple work-around gets me downloading my pictures again.  There are a lot of other things people tried in the above thread, but I just unplugged the USB devices and was good to go.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, solved it. Went to the Canon Support site and although there is no updated software for WIN 10, I checked what was available in the Win 8.1 software. There is an "EOS Utility Updater"... this installed "EOS Utility 2" and now it is working just fine.

View solution in original post

200 REPLIES 200

" so I think we should ask Canon to get moving."

X2

Hello all!

The latest versions of EOS Utility 2 and EOS Utility 3 are compatible with Windows 10.  We even posted new updates on the 20th on our website for EOS Utility 2.14.20 and EOS Utility 3.2.20.  These updates can be downloaded from our website HERE.

If you are outside of the United States and are still experiencing difficulties with the software, we would like to get this resolved for you.  Please contact Canon in your region/country by going to www.canon.com, then selecting the appropriate region and country you are located in.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I did update my version earlier this week.

As I mentioned above: EOS Utility works ONLY if I unplug all my other usb devices (memory sticks & HDD).

I tried uninstalling EVERYTHING and reinstalling, but as you well know, the update files will not REINSTALL software, it will only update. CANON should really have a software installer available, not only an updater.

This is unacceptable.

Lo and behold! For some unknown reason (and after numerous reboots―for various other reasons) the software EOS Utility Windows 10 Home now works!

@Mike.

The updates just as the versions before do not work - The EOS Utility Launcher is not working in Windows 10.

How much more people need to make that point?

Mike don't give me the advise to contact local support, the software is not working around the globe.

This is a Canon global problem therefore YOU Canon people need to communicate this in your organization.

So far I have not seen a reaction from Canon support that would aknowledge that the software is not working and that action is beeing taken to resolve this issue.

Why are you waiting ? 

Hello pausau46 and Tomski,

Canon USA has tested the software with Windows 10 and our cameras, and it works as it should for us. If you are having problems, you will want to  contact technical support to determine why you are having problems.

Be aware that the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide direct support for Canon products and software that are manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

While you are free to discuss Canon products and software sold and used outside of the United States, please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

As I said Canon refuses to see the problem.

They think people all over the world who complain about this issue are stupid.

I'm sure Canon tested but reality is the software does not work in real life and it is Canon who should change this.

Again this is not a local problem people all over the world have this problem, it is YOUR responsibility as Canon employee to communicate this within your organization - just start in the US, this will eventually help to come to a better software.

But do not tell us that the software is tested or that we need to contact our local support - that is not helping.

Unless you want to damage the reputation of Canon.

EOS Utility did not work for me in Windows 10. I just uninstalled the EOS Utility and reinstalled the original disc from 2006, version 2.0.2.26 and now I downloaded from the camera same as usual!

As I wrote, mine has been working fine until a week ago.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, then.  Thank you for the warning.

Announcements