cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility crashes while remote shooting

padmo
Apprentice

Hi all,

I've been attempting to set up a new computer. Without boring you all with everything I've been through I'll just tell you this:

It's a late 2009 27in iMac. Intel i7 processor, 12gb RAM.

Running MacOS High Sierra and attempting to run EOS Utility 3.8.20 using a Canon 5D Mark III

This mirrors what I run on my home machine software wise.

We shoot tethered in the studio and every time I hit the shutter using the remote shooting option the app crashes as the image is importing. The status window in the app will say "connection was lost". When I try to restart the app it goes into "application not responding mode" unless I have unplugged and replugged the camera in.

I'm at my wits end trying to get this to work on a new computer when I know it works on other computers!! Any ideas to try will be welcome. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello padmo, 

You may wish to try installing EOS Utility version 2.14.31a from the Canon web site.  

To get started please Click Here for a direct link to the Drivers and Downloads section of the product support page.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the feedback! I'll give that a shot. But can you tell me why the current EOS Software and High Sierra would work on one machine but not the other?

Thanks,

padmo

Hi padmo,

It is hard to say why the software will install on one of your computers running High Sierra but not another with the same operating system. This behaviour would point to an issue with the computer the software will not install on. This could be an issue with account permissions, system settings, software conflict, etc...

Looking at the description of the computer the software is having an issue on, this may be due to an older computer being upgraded to the much newer High Sierra operating system. This can sometimes cause issues with software.

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to provide more assistance! However, if this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements