cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility can not detect my EOS700D

seanebue
Contributor

Hello there!

I have followed every instruction found at support section and tried different solution but no avail. My EOS Utility, 2 and or even 3 can not detect my Canon EOS700D. I can see my EOS700D on my computer connected but it seems I can not find solution for my problem. Here are some details;

Using:

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series 64bit (Windows 10).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

One other thing to try that I saw on line.

Go to Device Manager->Portable Devices and delete the camera.

Annotation 2020-05-11 143146.jpg

Then connect camera and turn it on to force the computer to re-find the device.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

seanebue
Contributor
I think so! because we have the same os version and build.. I think Im gonna need to reset it, its like reinstalling win10 home, removing all apps while files are safe.. I will update you in 24 hours. I need to sleep! Thank you and Stay Well.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

One other thing to try that I saw on line.

Go to Device Manager->Portable Devices and delete the camera.

Annotation 2020-05-11 143146.jpg

Then connect camera and turn it on to force the computer to re-find the device.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

seanebue
Contributor
Hi and good morning! Hope all are well.
I laptop was reset already and removed all app installed and laptop is now clean. Unfortunately, still my problem exists. I was about to give up until I saw your image attached from your last message and I quickly went to the device manager and look for it. The bad news was there was no portable devices shown on the said device manager since my dslr never been conected except I found universal serial bus controllers which my eos700d was listed and I simply tried to removed then followed your instruction to re-connect my dslr and good news is my eos utility 2 and my dslr is now working and I can do livestream without camlink.

I wanna say thank you John for sharing your time helping me out on this. Stay Well and your family. For those who shared their inputs, Thank you and stay well with your family.

Glad it all worked out. Out of curiosity, does the camera now show up in Portable Devices?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

seanebue
Contributor
yes, I can see now my dslr in explorer and portable devices.
Announcements