cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Not Working!!!!

brandon85
Apprentice

When I start EOS Utility 2 it says that the camera connection app is already running. I tried restarting, I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  Nothing works.  It still says the same thing.  I also tried installing the newest EOS Utility and it still says the same thing.  EOS Utility 3 won't even start and EOS Utility 2 gives me the already running error.  I have looked in the task manager and nothing is running.  It worked just last week.  I do not understand it.  I am running Windows 8.1.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brandon

11 REPLIES 11

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

What virus software are you using?  And what firewall?  Turn these off and try.  You probably need to uninstall and re-install with these off.  EOSU 3 does not work with all Canon cameras.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I use AVG.  I have the 6D and I am using the EF 70-200mm II 2.8. I want to use EOS Utility 2 anyway.  I just keep getting the error "camera connection app is already running". It worked perfectly a week ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brandon

Turn off AVG.

EB

brandon85
Apprentice
That worked. Thanks. When I disable AVG, it works. When it is enabled, I get the error. I know my AVG updated yesterday. Is there a chance that another update in the future will let it work again?

Thanks again,
Brandon

Who knows?  Mine did the same thing and AVG was the only thing that changed so it was first suspect.

EB

I'm having the same problem and also use AVG. Unfortunately, when I disable it, my EOS Utility still won't work. Any other suggestions?

-Beth

After uninstalling the entire AVG program, I finally have it working again. Thanks!

If you "excepted" EOSU in one place, you missed the other one.  You need to except EOSU2 as well.  You have to except both.

EB

Work around for AVG instead of uninstalling or turning it off.
Open AVG, go to "Options" > "Advanced Settings" > "Exceptions" > "Add Exception" > "Select Type" & pick "Application or File"

Leave the window open...

Right click on your EOS Utility 2 shortcut > pick "Properties" and the shortcut tab. Highlight and copy  the  "Target"  file location and paste this in the box of the AVG window, and save.

You can also put a check mark in the box for "ignore this file even when the file is moved to a new location"

This should take care of any future problems too.

Announcements