cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Not Finding Camera

joeman18
Apprentice

Hey everyone! I just got a Canon 600D from my brother to stream with. I wanted to use EOS Utility and use it as a webcam basically. However when I downloaded the Utility app it won't find my camera at all. I'm connecting it via mini hdmi to hdmi. Anyone else having this problm?

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Unplug the cable before you cause damage. You should use a USB cable. Ask your brother how to he connected to a computer.

BTW you will be able to stream video with a DSLR.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
You will NOT be able to stream video.

@Waddizzle wrote:
You will NOT be able to stream video.

I could be wrong, but I though the T3i/600D allows Live view through HDMI via the EOS Utility.

Page 59..  Pretty sure it does?

EOS Utility

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What cable are you using to connect the camera to your PC?  HTC-100? 

Have you tried connecting the camera to a TV using the HDMI cable and do images and video play?

PC or MAC?, OS?

Does the EOS Utility detect the camera via USB connected to the PC?

Trying to establish if its your cable or computer.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Yes, the camera has HDMI out. How do you convert that output into a video stream for a web service? Certainly not by connecting the camera’s mini-HDMI port to an HDMI port on a PC.

Announcements