cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Not Finding Camera

joeman18
Apprentice

Hey everyone! I just got a Canon 600D from my brother to stream with. I wanted to use EOS Utility and use it as a webcam basically. However when I downloaded the Utility app it won't find my camera at all. I'm connecting it via mini hdmi to hdmi. Anyone else having this problm?

1 REPLY 1

William_N
Enthusiast

Hi joeman18,

There seems to be some confusion about using a DSLR as a webcam. The EOS Rebel T3i (EOS 600D), with or without the EOS Utility software, is not designed to be used as a streaming device.

EOS Utility has access to the camera when the camera is connected to the computer via USB. It is not designed to capture an incoming HDMI feed and broadcast it to the web.

With that being said, there may be a work around or setup that other camera users have had success with for streaming with a Rebel T3i. I can tell you that to use an HDMI feed your computer would need an HDMI input terminal (not the typical output terminal) that can receive an incoming video feed. You would also need a program that can capture and/or broadcast the HDMI feed.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements