cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility Live view

rootcanaldoc
Apprentice

Hi,

I was hoping to get some help from the community. I'm an endodontist which is type of dentist that primarily does root canals. I take a lot photos with my canon camera attached to my micrscope for patient education. The difficult with this is checking the focus. I recently downloaded the EOS utility software which allows me to see a large view of what my camera sees and tweak settings as desired but I can't figure out how to see the live screen and still take the photo using my camera since the computer isn't right next to me. Is there any way to still have the live view open and take the photo with the camera and not the mouse? Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Jason
Whiz

Hi, rootcanaldoc!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the camera you have.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

RIght, Thanks. I use an EOS Rebel T5. 

I think you can just press the shutter button. It works on my T5i.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

rootcanaldoc
Apprentice
Thanks for the reply, that doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe I inadvertently changed some on the camera or on the software?

Are you sure camera focused?

You could reset all camera settings in the menu. If that doesn't work and you don't get an answer here give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements