Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

EOS Utility Live View keeps freezing

I'm connecting a Canon M50 to a fairly new Alienware computer -- lots of resources (so that's not the issue).  My Live View window keeps freezing.  I can usually unfreeze by selecting any random option in the live view window, such as "Movie Servo AF" or a focus direction or the sound recording settings.....it doesn't matter what I click.  As long as I click *something* in the Live View window, my video unfreezes....for a few moments....then it freezes again.

I've tested and tested -- I've shut down every non-essential program, app, etc. to no avail.

Please help Smiley Happy

Thanks!

VIP

Re: EOS Utility Live View keeps freezing

@PhotoMu wrote:

I'm connecting a Canon M50 to a fairly new Alienware computer -- lots of resources (so that's not the issue).  My Live View window keeps freezing.  I can usually unfreeze by selecting any random option in the live view window, such as "Movie Servo AF" or a focus direction or the sound recording settings.....it doesn't matter what I click.  As long as I click *something* in the Live View window, my video unfreezes....for a few moments....then it freezes again.

I've tested and tested -- I've shut down every non-essential program, app, etc. to no avail.

Please help Smiley Happy

Thanks!

What are you trying to do?  Live View and Movie Servo AF do not co-exist. 

Are you trying to control remote shooting of still photographs, or video?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."