Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

EOS Utility Image Download to Computer Problem

I have used Canon EOS Utility for some years to download images from my Canon 70D Tto my computer via USB connection.

I recently downloaded the Eos Utility 2 for Windows 10 and it worked fine.

Yesterday I tried downloading some images as normal and although it started to try to donload, and a preview window of the selected image opened, an error message popped up 'cannot save to the file selected. Choose another file location'. I have to use Task Manager to clear the Eos Utility and try again. I have tried uninstalling the Eos Utility and downloading the softwear fresh. Same problem. I have tried a different memory card. Same problem. I have an incling that when I connect the camera , Windows 10 trys to save the photos via its photo viewer and perhaps the eos utility is picking up where windows 10 wants to save the photos? Any sugestions ?

New Contributor

Re: EOS Utility Image Download to Computer Problem

Solved - I believe it only occured when I had a Windows update. I restored my computer to a previous restore point and now EOS Utility works fine.