cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3

bpalansk
Contributor

I have tried downloading the Canon EOS Utility 3 on my windows 10 PC.  I have 1 and 2 downloaded.  When the download is complete, the Readme3 file is there but bo shortcut to the utility.  When I try to load it again, it says it is already loaded.  When i go to the directory with the other 2 or search for the .exe file I do not find anything.  I can however, uninstall the EOS Utility 3.  After I do, the same thing happens again.  I can only use the Download Pictures on 2 I used to be able to do remote shooting with it,  I am hoping Utility 3 will fix that if I can ever get it loaded.  I am using an EOS Rebel SL2...  THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yep.  I was wrong.

EU.png

Shortcut points to the EU in the system tray. 

tray.png

Which then choses the correct version > 2 or 3 for you.  Thanks for correcting me guys.

2 or 3.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I do not know what you meant by "I have 1 and 2 downloaded."

I believe the SL2 only works with the EOS Utility 2.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I mean I have valid menu options for EOS Utility and EOS Utility 2 but no menu option to select EOS Utility 3 even though I allegedly downloaded it and there is an EOS Utility 3 ReadMe option...

@bpalansk wrote:

I mean I have valid menu options for EOS Utility and EOS Utility 2 but no menu option to select EOS Utility 3 even though I allegedly downloaded it and there is an EOS Utility 3 ReadMe option...

The "EOS Utility" is 3

EOS Utility 2 is 2

The SL2 appears to be supported by v3.12.10 (EOS Utility 3)

EOS 800D, EOS Kiss X9 / EOS REBEL SL2 / EOS 200D, 

If you right-click on the item in the start menu > select more > open file location, you'll see it points to EU3..

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

No, unfortunately it points to EOS Utility 2.exe which is file version 2.14.20.0.  However, there appears to be a folder for EU3.  At least I've found the .EXE file.  I'll just create a shoirtcut to the Desktop.  THANKS  That will do it!  Bruce

Actually, it points to the original EOS Utility.

@bpalansk wrote:

No, unfortunately it points to EOS Utility 2.exe which is file version 2.14.20.0.  However, there appears to be a folder for EU3.  At least I've found the .EXE file.  I'll just create a shoirtcut to the Desktop.  THANKS  That will do it!  Bruce

For whatever reason, the installer does not create a Start Menu shortcut for EOS Utility 3.  On most systems, the EOS Launcher Service wants to default to connecting to a LAN, which is odd because most users want to use USB.  Close out of the LAN version EOS Utility.

While the camera is still connected, and turned on, start the EOS Utility version that is correct for your camera.  Once you start the EOS Utility 2/3 while the camera is connected the first time, the EOS Launcher Service is able to get it figured out.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yep.  I was wrong.

EU.png

Shortcut points to the EU in the system tray. 

tray.png

Which then choses the correct version > 2 or 3 for you.  Thanks for correcting me guys.

2 or 3.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

THANKS!  All systems go (for now 😉

Announcements