cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 not showing Remote Shooting option

cdilga
Apprentice

Hi all,

I've got an EOS M6 connected to my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 via USB with a fresh install of Windows. After installing EOS Utility, strangely I'm not getting the option to choose Remote Shooting:

Screenshot of Eos Utility

Have tried the usual reboot, restart and windows updates.

Have also tried digiCam Control but to no avail.

Next step for troubleshooting might be another computer - any better ideas?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I do not think remote shooting is an option with that camera body.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I've actually used it before - seems odd that It's gone now...

@cdilga wrote:

I've actually used it before - seems odd that It's gone now...

Have you used it with that "fresh install of Windows"? If not, that may be the problem. You may be missing something that EOSU needs.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I'm having the exact same problem on my Canon EOS M3, but i can use the live remote control on my iphone, so it isn't to do with the fact that the camera bodies can't support it. My guess is that for some reason, in the newest update of the app, they removed the remote shooting option for this line of mirrorless cameras, or it needs to be on the latest version of windows 10. Either way, it's not working.

It could also be a setting that has been turned off, but i couldn'd see anything, and if anyone figures out how to fix this issue, I would be very much appreciative if you could tell me how.

Many thanks,

James

@james__hanks wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem on my Canon EOS M3, but i can use the live remote control on my iphone, so it isn't to do with the fact that the camera bodies can't support it. My guess is that for some reason, in the newest update of the app, they removed the remote shooting option for this line of mirrorless cameras, or it needs to be on the latest version of windows 10. Either way, it's not working.

Remote shooting is not an available option with the M3 using the EOS Utility.  It never has been available using EOS Utility..

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

stewartmagrath
Apprentice

I have the same issue on my M5. Remote Shooting works via WiFi to my Android app, but the option is not shown on a W10 laptop version of Utility 3. Very frustrating.

@stewartmagrath wrote:

I have the same issue on my M5. Remote Shooting works via WiFi to my Android app, but the option is not shown on a W10 laptop version of Utility 3. Very frustrating.

My wild guess is that your phone is configured as a WiFi access point while your laptop is configured as a client. If you don't understand what that means, you may have some reading to do.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements