Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

EOS Utility 3 'connection lost'

Same problem documented elsewhere, using a 5D MK IV on a Dell Laptop, Windows 10, and i just did a restart after installing from ksdw32.9a-installer.exe

EOS Utility loses the camera connection, over and over and over. I'm using a brand new Tether Pro USB cable. 

I've tried shooting tethered after removing the CF card. Same problem.

I've tried disconnecting the power supply to the laptop. Same problem.

I've tried restarting the laptop after installing the EOS software. Same problem.

Once or twice I could get into Digital Photo Professional 4 and begin Remote Shooting, but it loses the connection to the camera after one exposure.

I've used this laptop with an MK III and the previous EOS utility application, no problems.

Any help?  What else can I try?

Thanks!

Product Expert
Product Expert

Re: EOS Utility 3 'connection lost'

Hello thanser, 

We are sorry to hear that this issue happens.  Would you mind letting the community know how long the cable is that you are using?  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Occasional Contributor

The cable is a brand new 15’ Tether Pro. I have not been able to resolve this issue yet.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, to no avail.

Digital Photo Professional keeps launching and trying to download images from the camera, acting very strangely, reopening multiple copies of the same application.

Occasionally I can get the utility to connect to my camera and after one exposure the connection is lost.

Is there a previous version of this software I can install for a 5D MK IV?

Product Expert
Product Expert

thanser, 

We recommend using the EOS Utility version 3.10.00.  This can be downloaded from our web site, here

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Fixed it!

Thank you!