cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 and macOS Mojave

yosser29
Contributor

Hi had a look through the forum and cannot see anything that might help so have to ask for assistance.

Just purchased a 5D Mk4 and loaded the latest EOS Utility 3, my macbook is running the latest version of macOS Mojave 10.14 but as soon as the camera is connected the EOS Utility crashes. 

Downloaded the latest version of Utlity 3 from the canon website but still crashes.

Seems there is incompatabilty betweet Mojave and Uitility 3. 

Is there a solution to this or is it Canon dragging their heels with a viable software update?

27 REPLIES 27

Did you ever figure it out? I am having the same problem and belive I have tried everything.

yosser29
Contributor
Thank you for the very comprehensive solution, I intend to follow your advice and will report back in due course.

sonny1751
Apprentice
Canon site states
“Canon has not yet determined if this product will be compatible with the operating system selected. Please refer back to this site in the near future for updates”
But don’t hold your breath, as of 30/12/18 that have only got this far,
“Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

ManiT
Apprentice

All,

For Mac OS Mojave, I have reinstalled EOs utility from https://support-in.canon-asia.com/contents/IN/EN/0200544302.html 

This works !!

Try this.

Regards,

Mani

Hi Mani,

Thank you so much for your help regarding the EOS utility. Does the same apply to DPP and are you having any issues with DPP?

Thanks Rahul

Hi Rahul, DPP works like a charm.

Hi Mani,

The link does not work. However if i go into the Canon India site, it does not list any EOS utility or DPP for Mojave version 10.14. It only has canon software for version 10.13 which i think is High Sierra. Can you please let me know what version of EOS and DPP you are using so I can download the appropriate one. Sorry for the trouble. Thanks.

Rahul

yosser29
Contributor
Link doesn’t seem to work.
Announcements