cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 3 and macOS Mojave

yosser29
Contributor

Hi had a look through the forum and cannot see anything that might help so have to ask for assistance.

Just purchased a 5D Mk4 and loaded the latest EOS Utility 3, my macbook is running the latest version of macOS Mojave 10.14 but as soon as the camera is connected the EOS Utility crashes. 

Downloaded the latest version of Utlity 3 from the canon website but still crashes.

Seems there is incompatabilty betweet Mojave and Uitility 3. 

Is there a solution to this or is it Canon dragging their heels with a viable software update?

27 REPLIES 27

This worked perfectly. Thank you, and yes, I agree, the bashing is very unhelpful...I wish this was just at the top and I didn't have to wade the hateful waters to find it

Worked for me too on 10.14 Mojave, using the latest version (3.9.0) of Canon EOS Utility.

I also cannot use the Remote shooting Utility with a 7Dii or a 5Diii useing any Canon softwear on MacOS 10.14 Mojave. As of 15 Dec 18 Canon support site states 

"This software is not supported with the operating system selected and is not available for download."

Anyone know a work around in order for me to get back to work?

The canon site now says this software is now supported by your OS Mojave? How is that? not updated any software from either apple or canon yet they suggest you do not need any additional drivers. Rubbish, still doesn't work Utility 3 still crashes as soon as I turn the camera on.

How does this solve the issue if this is your first canon camera and you dont have any previous versons of the canon utility app and you are running mojave? I have not been able to get my computer to work with my canon m50 since the begining. 

Tim, you seems to have a lot of knowledge on this subject. I am having issues with DPP on mojave. I cannot delete photos and the program shuts down unexpectedly. Would you know what the issue is and if so is there a solution. Based on the Canon website there is no DPP version compatible with Mojave. Also do you know if Canon is updating DPP to work with Mojave? Thanks in advance.

People don't have time for plist's. The Canon software should work with the latest software. EOS Utility works with WiFi but not USB. Not good enough. We have workflow to get out to clients and have to resort to putting the CF card in a reader. Canon is not supporting the professional community.

@grahamwood wrote:
People don't have time for plist's. The Canon software should work with the latest software. EOS Utility works with WiFi but not USB. Not good enough. We have workflow to get out to clients and have to resort to putting the CF card in a reader. Canon is not supporting the professional community.

Wrong.  You have got it backwards.  The latest OS software should work with the existing codebase, not break it.  

If you want an OS that consistently works without breaking when the OS is updated, then I suggest MS Windows.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Finally, Canon have updated the software to work with Mojave, and is available for download. Seems to work flawlessly. Thanks Canon.

Hi to everyone! I still cannot open the Utlility 2 to manage my profile styles on my computer. (Ive downloaded the last update already) 

'' Camera is not recognized. '' 
it says.

wtf ???? We are in 2 0 1 9 !!!! How it can be like that???

Please CANON, FIND THE SOLUTION!!!!

Announcements