cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility 2 and iTunes on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

CRKen
Apprentice

Can iTunes interfere with EOS Utility 2 funtion? I've been using EOS Utility 2 on my Mac OS Mojave 14.10.6 to access photos on my Canon EOS 7D for several years. As of yesterday the utility is not recognizing or connecting to the camera. I connect via a USB cable. I have tried rebooting. I tried a different memory card in the camera. I re-installed the EOS Utility 2. All to no avail. It just so happens that this week, for the very first time, I downloaded some music to iTunes and played it. Is this a coincidence, I wonder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks. I tried everything...I thought, new cable, battery, reboot, rereboot, off and on, and on and on. Then someone suggested I check the camera connection for dust. A couple of shots of air into the USB portal, and surprise! It works!! Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

johnrmoyer
Mentor
Mentor

I use macOS Big Sur 11.5.2 on an iMac Retina 5k and EOS Utility 3. But, I do not have the same camera. I have app store and music, but not iTunes. The most recent version (3.13.30) of EOS Utility 3 which I downloaded from the Canon support page for my camera works for me. I hope this helps.

---
https://www.rsok.com/~jrm/

Thanks. I tried everything...I thought, new cable, battery, reboot, rereboot, off and on, and on and on. Then someone suggested I check the camera connection for dust. A couple of shots of air into the USB portal, and surprise! It works!! Thanks again.

Announcements