cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Util 2 > camera setting/remote shooting is disabled >70D

khalidhajsaleh
Apprentice

I downloaded the EOS utli sofware, connected my canon 70 to macbook via usb cable. When I start the EOS util 2, the camera setting/remote shooting is disabled. 

eos.png

I made sure that the wifi is turned off. 

This feature is always greyed out in both video and camera mode. 

How can I get this to work?

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@khalidhajsaleh wrote:

I downloaded the EOS utli sofware, connected my canon 70 to macbook via usb cable. When I start the EOS util 2, the camera setting/remote shooting is disabled. 

eos.png

I made sure that the wifi is turned off. 

This feature is always greyed out in both video and camera mode. 

How can I get this to work?

The camera is not being recognized by the computer.  Make sure you are using a USB data cable, not a USB charging cable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

khalidhajsaleh
Apprentice
But when I plug-in my camera to the cable, the EOS util starts on its own. I searched on amazing for mini usb to usb data cable but all the results show charging cables. How can I find a data cable?

@khalidhajsaleh wrote:
But when I plug-in my camera to the cable, the EOS util starts on its own. I searched on amazing for mini usb to usb data cable but all the results show charging cables. How can I find a data cable?

That doesn't sound as though it's a cable (data vs charging) issue.

The 70D is a fairly recent camera. Are you sure it doesn't require EOSU 3?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@khalidhajsaleh wrote:

That doesn't sound as though it's a cable (data vs charging) issue.

The 70D is a fairly recent camera. Are you sure it doesn't require EOSU 3?

Good question.  The 70D Product Support page appears to show MAC OS-X Snow Leopard 10.6 running EOS 2 as part of the  EOS Utility CD.  The latest downloads for Mac OS Catalina show EOS 3.12.

khalidhajsaleh
Apprentice
When I tried the EOS3, I get a messageb that your device is not recognized.

@khalidhajsaleh wrote:
When I tried the EOS3, I get a messageb that your device is not recognized.

Are you deleting the software prior to installing a new version?  

Which version of EOSU 3 did you install?  You may need to work your way through the upgrade path.  

To install EOSU 3, I might try starting at OS X Mountain Lion.  That seems to be when a transition might have been made from EOSU 2 to EOSU 3.  I have no idea why they transitioned, but it seems to coincide with a change from OS X to MacOS.

it is sort of interesting because I just downloaded the EOS software yesterday from Canon's site. It installed both EOS 2 and 3. By default, when I plugin my 70D it opens EOS 2. I will remove EOS 2 and see if that fixes the problem. 

@khalidhajsaleh wrote:

it is sort of interesting because I just downloaded the EOS software yesterday from Canon's site. It installed both EOS 2 and 3. By default, when I plugin my 70D it opens EOS 2. I will remove EOS 2 and see if that fixes the problem. 

You hare not answering any questions.  This makes it difficult to assist you.  Deleting the applications means deleing ALL of it, not just some it.  On that note, I suggest that you contact Canon Support.

Announcements