07-21-2014 03:51 AM
I have an issue with pairing my camera to my iPhone.
I will describe in steps what I did and where it goes wrong:
1. I downloaded the EOS Remote app from the appstore
2. I enabled WiFi on my camera
3. I set-up a "WiFi-spot" with 'camera access point mode' (also tried through 'infrastructure mode')
4. I connected with my iPhone to the "WiFi-spot"
5. I opened the app (the app detects the camera automatically)
And there comes the issue:
6. When I tap the camera (or icon) to pair the camera and the phone the camera dissapears from the list and I lose connection with the "WiFi-spot" (then it reconnects back with my home WiFi) and when i return to my WiFi settings on the phone the "WiFi-spot" doesn't appear anymore.
To show what I mean with step 6: (in this video that step works, but not for me)
Step 6: 05:38
I have a new Canon 6D and I tested it on a iPhone 5 and a iPhone 5S both with iOS 7.1.2
I also downloaded the app on the iPad but there everything works perfect.
I hope someone encountered this issue before and have a solution!
ps. please release a full iPad app soon!
08-14-2014 05:35 PM - edited 08-14-2014 05:36 PM
When pairing an EOS 70D to your phone, do the two attempt to make a connection? Check to ensure that you are using the latest version of the software.
08-15-2014 08:27 AM
Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for posting!
We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.
If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.
Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.