cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Remote for Windows Phone 8

lnewton64
Apprentice

Are there any plans on releasing a version of the EOS Remote software for Windows Phone 8 in the near future?

Thanks

162 REPLIES 162

HI antiwo, did you get anywhere with your project? I'm interested if you have got something to share!

(PS: I have seen your name in another post, you're Dutch/Belgian by any chance given it's a typical name there?)

danielgr
Contributor

This situation is truly frustrating...

Already been waiting for this well over a year (ever since the 6D launched).

I've been stuck with my EOS Rebel T2i for years now, waiting for Canon to release a nice DSLR with built-in WiFi and GPS capabilities. Now they finally have a few choices, but then they decide to boycot my smartphone of choice...

I understand iOS and Android get the priority because of their global market share, but com'on, after almost 2 years they could at least have a basic app for Windows, even if we don't get all the bells and whistles.

I guess that the main reason for it is that Windows Phone has not yet been released in Japan... but really, by now there are no excuses. Based on Nokia sales alone there must be near if not more of 100 million Windows Phone users around...; should we all stop buying Canon products?

PS: And yes, I just registered to complain about this situation, as a 10 years long Canon enthusiast.

Completely agree with that.
Also, if the have check out this at the beggining of the year... http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/01/21/here-are-24-countries-where-windows-phone-outsell...

And now it's bigger than ever!! Why they look to other place?

really frustrating

dakre
Apprentice

what the cost of taking out an app? 15k dolar or 50k, only i gave you 10k for my machine and equipments... what is the problem, why dont you hear us? i have 6d and i cant use my wifi spec! is it hard for canon? 

I've sent a mail that hopefully provides some incentive for a response to all of those email addresses. Thanks!

We should start some kind of petition ... bring the folks of WPcentral on board to get wider reach...

Thanks for sharing those e-mails, hope some of them are valid.

Here is one I found for Japan (don't know if it's working though)

[Email address removed in accordance with forum guidelines]

I've just added it, together with the ones you provided, to a Change.org petition.

It would be nice if everyone reading this signed it and shared it over the social networks.

Please sign it, and share it !!!

https://www.change.org/p/canon-u-s-a-develop-a-windows-phone-app-or-open-your-apis

mstrathmore
Contributor
Agreed!

greghayza
Apprentice
Agreed. Would love the app to use for my 6d on my windows phone.
Announcements