cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Remote and Camera Connect Feature Request

mscohen
Contributor

I love using these apps with my Canon 6D. The one feature that, for me, would make these apps more complete and infinately more useful is if I could set exposure bracketing (not just exposure compensation) remotely with the app. It would help to be able to just turn the exposure bracketing function on and off remotely, even if I have to manually set how many stops and where they will be set on the camera directly before shooting. Just let me turn it on and off remotely so I don't have to touch the camera to do this.

Thanks for considering this request for bracketed exposure setting on EOS Remote and Camera Connect.

Marty

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Thanks for considering this request for bracketed exposure setting on EOS Remote and Camera Connect."

This is a public forum.  Your request will likely fall on deaf ears posting it here.  You should contact Canon directly.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ebiggs1 - Good idea. Do you know the best link or email address to send the request to Canon directly so that it might likely get to the right people? 

Unfortunalely, the only source you might have is Canon Customer Service or Canon Support.  IMHO, I doubt either will be responsive but who knows.  Worth a try.

Again, IMHO, where I am coming from is, I started with Photoshop back when it was B&W only and all you could do was brighten or contrast. Not much else.  It wasn't even called Photoshop way back then.  As time has gone by PS has become the standard of the world.

What I am trying to say, is while Canon software works, it lacks the spit and polish that the real deal software that companies like Adobe sell.

So you may be better off looking else where for more feature filled software.  I must say as time goes by DPP 4 is getting close.  Give it another five or six years and it might be there!

EB

I understand your reply and I have been looking for alternatives, and there just aren't any as good as EOS Remote for wireless control of the 6D. It's sad to hear how pessimistic you are about Canon possibly replying to my request here, and you may be right. But I'll leave this as an open and unresolved issue for now, and see if Canon might come through with, at least, a reply. 

Ya never know!  Maybe they will. Smiley Indifferent

EB
Announcements