03-11-2015 04:47 PM
I have lost my password to enter the EOS Remote App to control my D6 remotely.
How do I override or reset the app password?
I have attempted to delete the App on my phone and re-install. That did not help.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-13-2015 06:38 PM
You can change the encryption settings, but you would have to navigate through the steps. You need not change anything until it comes to setting the encryption settings. The steps to get there start here:
1. Set the power switch to <ON>.
REFERENCEWhen you first use this setting, a screen appears prompting you to register a nickname for your camera.When the camera is connected to another device via a wireless LAN, the nickname will be displayed on the device. Be sure to set a nickname for your camera.Select [OK], then enter a nickname. (Up to 16 characters can be entered.)When you are finished, press the <MENU> button.Select [OK] on the confirmation screen, then press <SET>.The nickname is registered, and [Wi-Fi function] screen will appear.
NOTEVirtual Keyboard Operation
- Switching to other input areasTo switch between top and bottom input areas, press the <Q> button.
- Moving the cursorTo move the cursor, press the <Multi-controller> in the top area.
- Entering textIn the bottom input area, press the <Multi-controller> to select characters and press <SET> to enter them.You can check how many characters you have entered, and how many more can be entered, by referring to [*/*] on the upper right of the screen.
- Deleting textIf you make a mistake, press the <
> button to erase it.
- Finishing text entryPress the <MENU> button to confirm what you have entered and exit. If a confirmation screen is displayed, select [OK] to exit.
- Canceling text entryPress the <INFO.> button to cancel text entry and exit. If a confirmation screen is displayed, select [OK] to exit.
REFERENCEWhen [Manual connection] Is SelectedSet [SSID], [Channel setting], and [Encryption settings] on each screen displayed.
- Enter an SSID.Enter any character using the virtual keyboard.When you are finished, press the <MENU> button.
- Select [Auto setting] and press <SET>.Select [OK] and press <SET> to go to the next screen.To select manually, select [Manual setting] and turn the <Main Dial>.
- Select [None] and press <SET>.Select [OK] and press <SET> to go to the screen in step 9.For encryption, select [AES], then enter any encryption key using the virtual keyboard.