cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R rendition with DPP

biton161
Contributor

Hi,

Not sure if this is a camera or DPP issue (or both).

I have recently upgraded to EOS R and have updated DPP to version 4.11 .

When I edit the shot in DPP the initial preview looks right, but when the preview processing is done (fly wheel disappears) the image changes significantly, especially in the highlights.

Example 1, initial preview:

EOS_R_DPP_1.jpg

Example 1, final preview (yellow highlights are blown and cast towards white):

EOS_R_DPP_2.jpg

Example 2, initial preview:

EOS_R_DPP_3.jpg

Example 2, final preview (notice details near highlights and color cast):

EOS_R_DPP_4.jpg

I noticed that the viewfinder image suffers the same issue, so maybe there is a rendering option shared by the DIGIC and DPP that's doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Barak.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

biton161
Contributor
Made no difference.
Changing picture styles does make sabtle changes but does not produce the same result as in the initial rendition.
I have noticed that toggling options in the lens correction tab resets the rendering process (other options do not) but the end result is the same.
Some the problem may be related to the lens correction part of the renditon.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray-uk
Whiz

When the image first appears it is just the raw file processed, once the wheel stops spinning it has applied the in-camera settings to the image, so look at how you have the camera set up. You can make DPP ignore the in-camera settings in the preferences setup.

I am not familiar with the white balance setting you have (ambience ?) but would suggest you reset that to just "auto". also once the processing has finished try clicking on "auto gamma" that can make a significant difference to black / white levels and the contrast.

Thanks a lot.

How do I setup DPP to ignore the settings?? I only see noise-reduction and sharpness options for this.

Yes that is all you have in the preferences setup, the other one is "picture style" in the tools panel, probably for your pics the Landscape setting would be more suitable.

biton161
Contributor
Made no difference.
Changing picture styles does make sabtle changes but does not produce the same result as in the initial rendition.
I have noticed that toggling options in the lens correction tab resets the rendering process (other options do not) but the end result is the same.
Some the problem may be related to the lens correction part of the renditon.

The initial preview is from the R's internal JPEG processing engine. Maybe you should shoot JPEG's. 8^)

Or at the very least Raw + JPEG so you can see if it really is something with DPP's attempt to replicate the R.

Announcements