cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Lens Registration Tool not working with my EOS RP

dusitmon123
Apprentice

I try to add EF 85mm F1.8 USM profile to my EOS RP by using Canon EOS Lens Registration Tool.

But after connect my camera to my laptop and run EOS Lens Registration Tool, it's alway showing this error

Capture.JPG

So, I'm using this tool with my laptop that runing latest windows 10 and already update all driver and patch from microsoft.

Did anyone seen this error before and how to fix it?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

Tim
Authority

dusitmon123, 

We are sorry to hear this error occurs.  We are not familiar with this issue and we recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling the software. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dusitmon123
Apprentice
I trying many times and also try’s on another laptop but the problem still showing

dusitmon123, 

Given the extended issues that you have been having with, we recommend calling our Customer Care Center for live, step by step assistance.

Please call 1-800-652-2666 and follow the prompts for Technical Support. Our agents are available Monday through Friday, from 09:00 am to 09:00 pm and Saturdays from 09:00 am to 7:00 pm. All times EST, excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@dusitmon123 wrote:
I trying many times and also try’s on another laptop but the problem still showing

I remember seeing that error message before.  I cannot recap what exactly caused it.  I want to say that I had DPP running at the same time as the EOS Utility.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'm experiencing the same issue.

I tried uninstalling the Lens app but no joy.

I also uninstalled Digital Photo Professional (which had been working) and when I re-installed that also fails with a C++ runtime error.

So now I can't edit CR3 files at all.

I've tried Euro exes, US ones, etc. I've updated Win10, etc and still no joy

In the Event Viewer, I get this:

Application: Dpp4Main.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
at Canon.Dpp.Dsf.DPPMWare+NativeMethods.DppMWInitialize()
at Canon.Dpp.App.Model.DAPDppServiceFramework.Initialize()
at Canon.Dpp.App.Controller.DAPController.Initialize()
at Canon.Dpp.App.View.DAPMainWindow..ctor()
at Canon.Dpp.App.View.DAPMainWindow.get_Instance()
at Canon.Dpp.App.App.DAPProgram.Main()

GavM, 

At this time, this issue is a .network frame update issue that is affecting this issue.  Microsoft I believe is working on an update to resolve this issue, but that would have to come from them directly. 

alexpilion
Enthusiast

I have the same issue too. It started after i upgraded the OS to last windows updates and the EOS Utility to release 3.11 . Not sure which one of the two made the mess, anyway a uninstallation and reinstallation of an earlier version of EOS Utility could not solve it. I also have an error using Digital Photo Professional 4.11 after uninstalling and reinstalling which was not present before while I had version 4.10 and EOS Utility 3.11 so likely the last updates of Canon software have issues too.
Going to try to find previously installed versions, which should confirm or exclude this idea.

RedGT3
Contributor

Hi All,

Look at this threat here in the community:

Canon Digital Photo Professional wouldn't start after the latest win10 update

Sorry, doesn't allow me to post a link, just insert the above in search line.

That should help you with this issue as well, not only with the DPP problem! It did help me with both, DPP and Lens Registration Tool (with RF lenses).

alexpilion
Enthusiast

That message run me crazy on my Windows 10 Laptop, after many attemps here what I figured out to make it back working:

1. (Re)Install DPP 4.11.0.2 from Canon website
2. Delete Canon_Inc_IC folder in C:\ProgramData\
3. Uninstall the Lens Registration tool.
4. Reboot
5. Install DPP 4.10.50 from Canon website ( this will install only the Lens Registration tools )
6. Reboot
7. Execute once DPP as administrator and open a CR2 files which has been shot using an EF lens, even an old file.
8. Use the button beside correction data to open Lens Registration Tools, now it should be going very slow the first time, be patient and then select all the lenses you need before closing the application.
9. From this point onward I can use DPP and Lens Correction with any user account, included the standard ones which are not admin.

Not sure if the release 4.10.50 includes RF data for correction since I am using only EF lenses.

Reinstalling 4.11.02 which update EOS Lens registration tools bring me back at no working scenario, but following the same steps from 1 to 9 solved it again.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Announcements