Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 80D WiFi Connection issue

ikovalyov
Contributor

Hi.

Really need help with my issue.

I connected with my camera to the wifi (EOS Utility mode). Router lists this device as connected. But EOS Utility not showing this device in list so I can't connect Camera to PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I solved my issue by enabling network discovery in 

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

80D

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

Thank you.  Where can I find the "Connect to PC" option?

remote control (eos utility)

Thanks.

I solved my issue by enabling network discovery in 

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

80D

Thanks man your solution helped me!

Worked! Thank's!

Cool, what do you DO with this information and how do I apply it to repair the issue step by step from the advanced sharing settings folder, though? Kind of the most important part of the whole thing...

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

vrlevay
Apprentice

i had major issues trying to get my iphone and camera to pair. The Camera's Wifi address would show up in my list but but my camera/app wouldn't pair or recognise the camera.

I reinstalled the Camera Connect App, reset camera settings, tried a USC cable, etc. and nothing worked.

I went to Canon Drivers and Downloads and discovered that my firmware was out of date. I had version 1.0.1 and the current version was 1.0.3. All I had to do was download the current Firmware on my computer, save it to my camera's SD Card (you can't open it on your computer) , Insert the card back into the camera and wait for it it update. Once it was updated I tried to pair the devices again it worked perfectly. I was now able to do remote shooting and download the images off of my camera to my phone again!

Here is the link.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

BlowMeCanon
Contributor

I also went to delete then reinstall the latest Utilities 3 app and the stupid thing doesn't even share where they download their crappy app. I go to search my PC. Does it come up anywhere? NOPE! Man, Canon get your act together and help us out.

Announcements