Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 80D WiFi Connection issue

ikovalyov
Contributor

Hi.

Really need help with my issue.

I connected with my camera to the wifi (EOS Utility mode). Router lists this device as connected. But EOS Utility not showing this device in list so I can't connect Camera to PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I solved my issue by enabling network discovery in 

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

80D

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

Who's arguing?  I see that they have changed it, and added to the illustration, since the camera was first released.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

This image is from Canon's literature on the EOS 80D.  People hear the word "wireless" and think networkable.  I did it, too.

Wireless_NFC.PNG

The camera behaves more like a bluetooth device than a networkable device.  I don't see a PC in the illustration.  Do you?

The main concern in any WiFi "pairing" is who gets to be the access point and who gets to be the client. A 6D, if I understand it correctly, can be either. Phones and PCs generally prefer to be clients, so it's simplest to configure the camera as an access point. But if the object is to get out to the Internet, you pretty well have to have the camera be the client, in which case the phone or PC has to be an access point and effectively function as a router. It's usually possible, but you need to really know what you're doing.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

The main concern in any WiFi "pairing" is who gets to be the access point and who gets to be the client. A 6D, if I understand it correctly, can be either. Phones and PCs generally prefer to be clients, so it's simplest to configure the camera as an access point. But if the object is to get out to the Internet, you pretty well have to have the camera be the client, in which case the phone or PC has to be an access point and effectively function as a router. It's usually possible, but you need to really know what you're doing.

The access point in this relationship the wireless router. The uPNP client runs on the PC and scans the network looking for the camera, which has joined the network in the exact same way the PC has. The uPNP client registers the camera as a device on the PC and brokers your requests to it (whether they are from the EOS Utility app or not is irrelevant).

The problem the users have here is that either the uPNP client is misbehaving entirely, or the pairing code is not working correctly after a recent update to Windows 10. Hopefully Canon reads these forums and realizes there is a problem, and gets it fixed.

You'd think a leading brand like them would be more on top of their stuff than this. It's so embarrassing. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
The best path would be to call Canon at 1-800-OK -CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:
The best path would be to call Canon at 1-800-OK -CANON.

Yeah, I get that. I just do not feel like sitting on the phone, reinstalling applications I have already reinstalled, and going through all of the motions some technical support person will ask me to do.

That may or may not happen. Looks like the alternative is guaranteed no resolution thoughSmiley Happybecauseno one here seems to have an answer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'd like to call but I'm located in Poland 🙂

@ikovalyov wrote:

I'm surprised that Canon doesn't have a presence there. Warszawa is considered a world-class city, no?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@ikovalyov wrote:

"Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.

The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!"

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements