Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 80D WiFi Connection issue

ikovalyov
Contributor

Hi.

Really need help with my issue.

I connected with my camera to the wifi (EOS Utility mode). Router lists this device as connected. But EOS Utility not showing this device in list so I can't connect Camera to PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I solved my issue by enabling network discovery in 

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

80D

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49

I am not pairing it with my phone. I am pairing it with a Windows 10 laptop. I've tested two of them, and both of the fail in the same way, and both worked less than a week ago.

Pairing with android tablet works great. Pairing with PC via WiFi is where it fails

@ikovalyov wrote:
Pairing with android tablet works great. Pairing with PC via WiFi is where it fails

"Pairing" is a term more often associated with Bluetooth than with WiFi. Is it possible that the pairing with the tablet is a Bluetooth pairing?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

While that is colliqually true, the end result here is that a uPNP lsitener is paired with the camera itself to act as a bridge to allow the OS to use the camera as if it were attached to it, so technicallly you are pairing (and the camera even calls this action "pairing").

No, it is not using Bluetooth -- at least it better not be. I am not at the machines having the problem now, so I cannot check to see if their bluetooth stack is enabled.

Hi.

I don't even have bluetooth adapter at my PC. Basicly I'm talking about EOS Utility 'Connect via Network/WiFi' functionality

Yes, I have windows 10

joe007
Contributor
I made a poor choice to use the word pairing instead of connecting.
Joe

@joe007 wrote:
I made a poor choice to use the word pairing instead of connecting.

Not really, the camera even calls it pairing on the screen of my 6D.

This image is from Canon's literature on the EOS 80D.  People hear the word "wireless" and think networkable.  I did it, too.

Wireless_NFC.PNG

The camera behaves more like a bluetooth device than a networkable device.  I don't see a PC in the illustration.  Do you?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

This image is from Canon's literature on the EOS 80D.  People hear the word "wireless" and think networkable.  I did it, too.

Wireless_NFC.PNG

The camera behaves more like a bluetooth device than a networkable device.  I don't see a PC in the illustration.  Do you?

I think there is some confusion here is the image from the Canon Site:

80d_features_05a.jpg

#4 is what the users here are talking about. That software runs on a PC and is separate from Canon Camera Connect on Smartphones. #4 is broken and no longer works. The camera supports WiFi in the traditional sense that it joins a network via its SSID, provides WEP passwords, obtains an IP address from a DHCP server, etc. I am not sure why we are arguing over what is and what is not wireless.

Announcements