cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 60D and Webcam Utility

pjcrowther
Apprentice

Hi, I've searched the boards for a similar post and couldn't find one relating to the full release of the webcam utility.

I've got a EOS 60D and have been using it with the beta version of the webcam utility through 2020. It worked in all of the software I use except Discord (I'm aware that Discord wasn't supported by the beta version).

When the full release arrived I uninstalled the beta version and installed the new version, but I'm now unable to get an image in any software at all. I only ever get the Canon utility error screen, the one with the camera icon rather than the usb cable.

Luckily I still have the beta version on my PC so I've rolled back to that for now. Has anybody had a similar issue with the full release refusing to work at all?

1 REPLY 1

oigle
Apprentice

i installed the webam utility last week (Mar 2021)for my imac 2014 model. It worked fine in Zoom and Skype at first. The next day I added a power lead to my EOS 60D and then I got the error message(with camera image). No idea what happened as I had not adjusted anything. I'll look at other posts in here to see if anything similar. Thanks for your post.

Announcements