cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 60 D digital software instruction manual

bnaadavis
Apprentice

i just purchased a 60 D and want to use my macbook air to download some of the pictures while on a trip. the computer does not have a disk drive can i get a download version of the software instruction manual that came on the disk. the instruction manual said to install this before connecting the camera to the computer. thank you if you can help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cicopo
Elite

That should be easy enough. Click on the Canon logo at the top left here, then click on the support tab, & fill in the appropriate boxes until you get to the downloads available for your particular OS. Select what you need (1 at a time usually) & download to your computer. Manuals are usually in PDF format & they should open once downloaded & saved. That may not be true of the actual program software because it's usually upgrades to previous versions so IF you need the software you'll have to find a way to copy the discs to a jump drive or whatever your Mac can read & install from there.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

That should be easy enough. Click on the Canon logo at the top left here, then click on the support tab, & fill in the appropriate boxes until you get to the downloads available for your particular OS. Select what you need (1 at a time usually) & download to your computer. Manuals are usually in PDF format & they should open once downloaded & saved. That may not be true of the actual program software because it's usually upgrades to previous versions so IF you need the software you'll have to find a way to copy the discs to a jump drive or whatever your Mac can read & install from there.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

thanks worked perfectly and one at a time was the way.

Should you wish to install the actual software as well, you might need another computer. I had the same issue. I took an image of the CD with my desktop, put it on a USB stick, used virtual CD-drive to mount the image as virtual drive and then installed update versions on my laptop. After that I unmounted the virtual CD and deleted the image. I think it should be completely legal, as long as you don't copy the image file to anyone else.
Announcements