cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Pixel Raw Editing - 4.7.20

qpid360
Contributor

Is anyone else unable to edit Dual Pixel Raw in the latest version of the software?  Every time I try to adjust DPP, it opens a window that just says Null on the header and stays in Loading permanently.

On Mac OS High Sierra.  Of note, older version of DPP works when adjusting Dual Pixel Raw.

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What camera and lens are you using to create the images.  That process does not work on all cameras, just the EOS 5D Mark IV, as far as I know.  It does not work if you are using a third party lens, either.  Canon’s DPP software does not support lens correction of third party lenses.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the response.

I use a Mark IV with Sigma Art lenses, which does work with Dual Pixel Raw, as I've been using them for a year and have been able to adjust the focus in DPP until the latest version.

To clarify, old versions of DPP allow me to edit the focus on Dual Pixel Raw images, but the new version of the software won't load the image when trying to edit the focus.

@qpid360 wrote:

Thanks for the response.

I use a Mark IV with Sigma Art lenses, which does work with Dual Pixel Raw, as I've been using them for a year and have been able to adjust the focus in DPP until the latest version.

To clarify, old versions of DPP allow me to edit the focus on Dual Pixel Raw images, but the new version of the software won't load the image when trying to edit the focus.

It would seem Canon has "broken" that part of the DPP utility.  You are not the first to complain that it does not work with a Sigma Art lens. 

If it worked in the past [that's news to me], then it could work again in the future.  I would start checking to see if Sigma releases an update for the lens.  Meanwhile, I would roll back to the previous version, assuming the latest release did not correct something that you need.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you.  Unfortunately, it looks like I do have to roll back for now.

qpid360
Contributor

UPDATE:

The new software update that just released fixed the issue.  

Announcements