cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers For t5i on Mac Catalina 10.15.4

britesq
Contributor

I currently have the t5i. I am trying to see how to acces remote shooting/live view shooting on my computer (mac mini). I downloaded ddp4 and eos utility 3 which also has eos utility 2. The error I encounter is "Eos Utility is not ready". I have searched the driver info and the utility info and it seems to be incompatible with catalina os. Is there anyway to get around this or do I have to wait for canon to issue an update? Any help is appreciated! 

11 REPLIES 11

Hello britesq.

I am using the latest version to be downloaded from the canon site.

For the T5i EOSU2 is what will start up. It is version 2.14.31.12.

What you could  try is use a application uninstall program like AppCleaner which deletes all the application remnants and then try reinstalling.

EOS Utility 2 - EOS REBEL T5i 2020-04-28 07-56-47.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

i'm experiencing the same thing.  i have a 2017 macbook pro running the latest version of catalina and i've uninstalled and re-installed eos utility numerous times with no luck.  if i go into image capture it just says 'canon camera' and within eos utility 2 everything is greyed out.  i'm trying to reach remote shoot.  but i cant.  

my wife has a 2010 macbook pro also running the latest version of catalina and theres no issues on her mac at all.  all options are available within eos utility 2 with the same canon t5i camera.

i'm lost here, i dont know what to do.

Announcements