cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the iApp Canon Connect Shoot RAW?

Grazie
Rising Star

I’m running the SX60hs. I know the iApp won’t download RAW, but will it allow shooting RAW?

I've setup my SX60 with Custom Settings to C2 and checked that it’s shooting fine without the Connect iApp and it’s shooting RAW. I can even check in the iApp that there are RAW and JPEG on the card. So the iApp registers I’ve got previously, manually shot RAW. I know all the WiFi connections are working, oh yes. But, in all that’s sane, will somebody tell me that this iApp can or can’t Capture RAW?

Thank so much. Smiley Happy

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks to Stephen I’ve managed to do some further reading, which explains that the SX60 can have its functions controlled by the Canon Live Shooting Software:

F4024E89-9BA0-4910-8F55-E89A83B263DF.jpeg

Here’s the process, which I’ve followed:

E3D480A3-C5D7-42B4-800D-1EAAEE985AA9.jpeg

So, on opening the Canon Live I get this:

B11FDA97-D704-4B37-B442-952536CF96C8.jpeg

And taping the Camera Settings Button, I get this:

F74A8BED-366E-45C8-B77B-1A1DB40B0616.jpeg

So, the Support pages which ratify/confirm that the SX60HS can have its Settings controlled by the Remote Live Shooting, this is contradicted by the warning message above.

Please advise.

Cheers

Grazie

I've received an email from Canon:

"We are afraid that RAW capture is not available during Live Shooting with the Camera Connect app. Therefore, the behaviour that you are experiencing is expected."

At the very least there is a need to update the website to confirm the restrictions of the WiFi feature set for shooting live and control of the SX60HS features, there aren't any. As to expected behaviour, I did follow the instructions, as per the WiFi setup for the SX60HS and was excited to think I could.

So, to conclude in using the WiFi Feature for the SX60HS:

1] Viewing JPEGS is good.

2] Can't view any RAWs.

3] There is no control of the SX60HS controls.

4] Anything shot within a Live Shooting session will result in:

• A restricted "Program Mode" Capture
  • ISO restricted to 1000
  • Automatic White Balance
  • Inability to shoot RAW

I do hope this will be of help to others discovering the extent of the Live Shooting with these parameters. The very best solution would be for Canon to update the Canon Connect Software to allow the SX60 to make use of the feature-set whilst in a Live Shooting Session.

Announcements