Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Does DPP 4.0 support Clarity/Texture/Dehaze sliders like ACR/Lightroom?

I would like to perform the same changes in DPP 4.0 that are accomplished using the Clairity/Texture/Dehaze sliders found in ACR/Lightroom.  How would I do this in DPP 4.0? ( I have treid everything, but cannot get the same results.

VIP

Re: Does DPP 4.0 support Clarity/Texture/Dehaze sliders like ACR/Lightroom?

DPP does not support the same photo adjustments as Adobe Lightroom.  If you want Adobe LR, then purchase it.  Many users feel that DPP does a better job of rendering Canon RAW files into JPEGs than Adobe LR.  I cannot disagree with them.

The best photos need the least amount of post processing.  Less is best.  If your photos tend to need a lot of cleanup in post, then I might take a critical look at how I take photos.  This is not say that post processing is a bad thing.  It is a good thing.  I am just saying that it should not become a crutch.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."