Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Do you prefer DPP or Lightroom

For EOS compatibility (Picture Style, Lens Correction, etc), DPP is the way to go. However, DPP is EXTREMELY SLOW in generating thumbnails and filter lists especially when there are 100s of raw images per folder. You can expect ever more lag if those folders are located on a NAS. It's almost like the way to go is to process the CR2/CR3 files initially in DPP and convert them into JPGs or TIFFs and then use Lightroom from that point on. The problem with the TIFFs that DPP produces is that there's no LZW (lossless) compression so the files are huge.

What would really move folks like me off of Lightroom completely is if DPP adopted the catalog concept with keywording and GPS functionality.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@848291kmp were you hired by a company to promote Lightroom on the internet?

You have two posts on this forum, the first resurrecting a long dead thread and encouraging people to download a free Lightroom trial. I now personally use Lightroom, but, don't like to see these forums polluted with what appears to be viral marketing and not someone with a real question or actually looking to help others on this forum. 

New Contributor

No, nothing like that. Just trying open Canon's eyes up. I've spent thousands of dollars on their hardware and I expect the software to exceed that of the competition. I think they need to invest more in DPP.