Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Do I need to install the included Canon software?

I recently bought a Canon T4i and I love it. I have Lightroom on my Mac and have gotten pretty good at using it. I haven't installed either of the two disks that came with the camera. One reason is the last canon I had, a point and shoot, came with software that i installed and never used. Also, my HD space is filling up on my computer and I don't want to waste it with applications I'll never use. What are you thoughts and experience with canons provided software?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do I need to install the included Canon software?

Greetings,

Ths is a matter of personal preference.  All of the Canon software available for your camers is optional. 

You would only need to install one of them if it offered a function or feature you needed.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra ~Pixma Pro-100
Highlighted
Reputable Contributor

Re: Do I need to install the included Canon software?

It can be useful to install EOS utility this will enable you to control the camera from a usb socket and it is also needed to change the camera owners name on some models.