cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to install the included Canon software?

tejas15
Apprentice

I recently bought a Canon T4i and I love it. I have Lightroom on my Mac and have gotten pretty good at using it. I haven't installed either of the two disks that came with the camera. One reason is the last canon I had, a point and shoot, came with software that i installed and never used. Also, my HD space is filling up on my computer and I don't want to waste it with applications I'll never use. What are you thoughts and experience with canons provided software?

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Ths is a matter of personal preference.  All of the Canon software available for your camers is optional. 

You would only need to install one of them if it offered a function or feature you needed.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ray-uk
Whiz

It can be useful to install EOS utility this will enable you to control the camera from a usb socket and it is also needed to change the camera owners name on some models.

Announcements