cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital photo professional - export JPG from RAW

vilibao
Contributor

Hello!

i have a problem with program Digital photo professional, when i want export images from RAW format to JPG.

The problem is, that quality of image is much more worse, then in RAW format in DPP. JPG looks blurred and fuzzy.

IMAGE LINK:

raw-export.jpg

Please check image, on the left side is print screen from RAW in DPP, on the right is exported JPG from DPP.

I want export JPG with the same quality as i see in RAW

Is there anybody to help me?

Thanks a lot.

Vit

16 REPLIES 16

@vilibao wrote:

I will try lightroom, but i dont think, that the problem will be solved with new software.

Just dont understant, why is this problem with DPP, because i think, its a good program supplied with canon camera...

I agree. I've used DPP for at least eight years, through countless versions, and have never seen this issue. (Other issues, yes, but not this one.)

One question I don't think has been settled is whether there's actually something wrong with the JPEG file or just with the way DPP is displaying it. If you print the RAW file (using DPP) and the JPEG file (using DPP and at least one other editor), what differences do you see? A little difference might be normal, since DPP does an excellent job of printing RAW files, but not a large difference.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

vilibao sent me the RAW file and I processed through DPP. The converted JPEG displays just like the RAW both in DPP and when I view the JPEG in the Windows viewer.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hello John Hoffman,

thanks for trying export JPG, but i see the same problem as in my exported JPG, 

there i a huge quality difference, when i open your exported JPG in DPP and then compare with *.CR2 which is open in DPP...

Try using the Standard Picture Style and select Sharpness instead of Unsharp Mask and see what happens. Those are the settings I generally use when I am using DPP.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Also, when viewing sharpening for effect you should be at 1:1, since screen resizing algorithms can affect the visual appearance.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hello,

i solved this problem few days ago.

Problem was with settings in UNSHARP MASK - strenght, fineness and threshold.

Too high threshold or too low strenght and fineness causes this problem.

But i still dont understand why....

Because when i open *.RAW in DPP and set high strenght, and low fineness and threshold, 

edited RAW looks very good, then i export it as JPG and JPG is very bad...

But when i set lower strenght and higher fineness and threshold, preview of RAW in DPP looks bad, but when i export it as JPG, then JPG is very good the same as RAW when i set high strenght and low fineness and threshold.

Do you know why?

Thanks.

I don't know. I only use Sharpness when I work in DPP.

See this: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/41628708

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements