cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital camera solution disk will not install on MS Vista

Funkyecat
Contributor

Initial installation on gift machine with MS Vista was fine. Months after a reinstall the Digital camera solution disk 28.2 for Canon A340 will not install on mchine, but installed fine on a Win 7 machine. The installation goes up until it starts installing then an error message (no code) just states it cannot install.

7 REPLIES 7

Funkyecat
Contributor

I meant Win 8.1. His old computer was Vista and it originally worked on both.

I have Solution Disk 29.1a, and it works on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanx for the tip. I actually meant Win 8.1 with which it worked fine but I'll make a disk and give it to him to try.

Cannot open. Message about Group Policy block' to see System administrator. I am system administrator.

@Funkyecat wrote:
Cannot open. Message about Group Policy block' to see System administrator. I am system administrator.

Who would have set up a Group Policy if not the system administrator? This is just a stab in the dark, but it sounds to me as though the person trying to install the software doesn't have administrator privilege on the computer. That could be the case if he doesn't belong to the group or OU to which administrator privilege is granted.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

That's on my computer. No one has ever worked on my computer. It is an MS bug. People have had this before. I was able to get a workable copy on a disk and will try it. If it works on his computer, I will try to make a disk on his. Group Policy can only be modified on MS 7 Pro, I have MS Home Premium.

Thanx

"I will try to make a disk on his."

doubt this will work either.  MS has diffintely screwed uo Win 8 especially if you don't want a MS account.

Do you know how to use Computer Management?  This is going to be purposely vague because if you don't you really shouldn't do this.

Go into Computer Management, right click on Administator and click General.

Uncheck the Account is disabled box. It is also a good idea to set a password for the Administrator account since it has total unrestricted access to the system. Now you can log off your current account and you’ll see the Administrator account show up in the list of users.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements