cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Photo Professional

MITAM
Apprentice
Hello, I am new to photography and the DPP. I use the Canon Rebel T3. I recently downloaded DPP, I uploaded pics to my desktop directly from the SD card, and I can see these in DPP no problem. I had also emailed some pics to myself that I had taken when I was out of town, I transferred these to my desktop, these I cannot view in DPP, I can see them otherwise, they were all taken with the same camera, shot in RAW format. Why can't I view these photos in the DPP? Thank you:)
6 REPLIES 6

ScottyP
Authority
Hi,
I use Lightroom, but I imagine it is kind of similar. You need to go into Lightroom and from there you open the pictures, by "importing" them. That is because you need the RAW converter to display the RAW images. Once you do that, and then process them or whatever you want to do, then you "expert" the images to save as JPG files. Your computer can read JPG files.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thanks for your help, I think after reviewing Lightroom I will subscribe.

I think the Adobe $9.99 per month Photographer Bundle is a great deal.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"Thanks for your help, I think after reviewing Lightroom I will subscribe."

You can still buy Lightroom.  Another choice and may be better for you is Photoshop Elements.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I have experienced the same problem. I think it is related to Exif data getting stripped by email program. DPP needs to see Exif data. This is just a guess on my part.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Makes sense to me, thank you for your response.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements