Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Digital Photo Professional does not save Collections

Hi, 

I have upgraded to the DPP 4 for Mac OS Catalina. I noticed that DPP does not save Collections window content when closed.

That is:

While DPP 4 is open I can create new collection and populate it with photos as needed

also I can use old collections and add there with photos as needed as well.

I keep my collections well below 20 (about 5 to 10).

Once I close DPP 4 and then re-open it - all my new collections are lost and if I used old collections - all added photos are lost as well, but the old photos are still in old collections.

I upgraded to Version 4.12.60.0 and the problem persists.

Something is preventing DPP 4to save the status of colletions.

Please help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Digital Photo Professional does not save Collections

Welcome to the forum.

I just tried using Collections on boith my W10PC and MacBook Air with Catalina.

Collections are saved on both devices.

Go into System Preferences->Security & Privacy and ensure you have granted folder/disk access to DPP.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LR Classic
New Contributor

Re: Digital Photo Professional does not save Collections

John,

Thank you for the hint.

I suspect it were in access rights. I already tried to grant full disk access to DPP, but without luck.

Once you confirmed the feature is working, I looked more closely. There was a conflict in user inteface settings between the old image of DPP restored from TimeMachine and the new DDP installed over. In DPP Preferences/View Settings I checked "Reset user interface"/Restore defaults at startup/Reset all user interface settings and after the restart everything works.

Thank you very much for support.

Arkady Bazhenov

Montville, NJ