Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Photo Professional 4 Save and Convert Multiplying Windows Issue

AndrewMarescha
Contributor

Hello,

My issue is this:

I go into Digital Photo Professional 4, click on a single raw photo, go to "save" button over he image, I click it, then the window showing the progress via a bar, but then about 9 other windows that are the same pop up. I don't want this. Why is it doing this? How do I stop it from doing this?

-Andrew Mareschal

12 REPLIES 12

@AndrewMarescha wrote:

Hello,

My issue is this:

I go into Digital Photo Professional 4, click on a single raw photo, go to "save" button over he image, I click it, then the window showing the progress via a bar, but then about 9 other windows that are the same pop up. I don't want this. Why is it doing this? How do I stop it from doing this?

-Andrew Mareschal

Hello, Andrew, and welcome to the forum.

Is it possible to get a screen grab of all the windows? Also, what OS are you running and DPP version. That might seem trivial, but it could help. It might be as simple as reinstalling DPP.

FD

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

dppissue.png

I have version 4.12.60.0 of DPP. It's running on a Windows 10 PC.

Might you inadvertently have more than one file selected?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'm pretty sure I'm only selecting one file. And even then, when I used to convert multiple files only one progress window would pop up for all of them.

Delete and reinstall DPP4; see if that corrects the problem.

Are all those DPP alerts in your Task Bar the different Save windows?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

So I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program to no avail. Same issue prevails. I even found an older version but that did not solve the issue.

All those windows are from one file.

Is it occuring for any file in any folder?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Click the close dialog box when finished in that window.  Otherwise it leaves the window open when it finishes converting and you end up with all of those windows.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@wq9nsc wrote:

Click the close dialog box when finished in that window.  Otherwise it leaves the window open when it finishes converting and you end up with all of those windows.

Rodger

Exactly! And when you switch to a different image to edit, it hides that progress window from the main screen leaving the only evidence it is still open in the taskbar. Good catch.

FD

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.
Announcements