cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Photo Professional 4.4.30 for Windows 10 x64 Processing file not working

vpts
Contributor

Hi!

Digital Photo Professional 4.4.30 for Windows 10 x64 (my Dell laptop) was working fine until yesterday afternoon. I made some editing works on some of my CR2 photos.

Then Ctrl+D to Convert and Save it to JPG. The processing file took forever and there was no output photo at all.

I tried to reinstall my graphic driver and then DDP4.4.30 for 3 times. Still no luck at all.

Do you know what happened and what would be a solution for it?

Thank you so much!

The link is the screenshot of the not-working step!

http://imgur.com/QPlaR0S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi jrhoffman75,
I tried to completely uninstall it by deleting all everything (folders, registry, temporary files, etc.) now it worked again!

Thank you so much for not leaving me alone!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Did you first try to delete it before you re-installed it?  Is it failing with all files, or just certain ones?  When was the last time you ran a virus scan?  Or, rebooted the computer?

What happens if you try to start the processing from the menus, instead of typing CTRL-D?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you so much for reply!

Yes, I did uninstall both EOS Utility and DDP 4.4.30 and reinstalled

When it opened again, I tried to use the menu instead of Ctrl+D

Both ways were not working!

I was leaving the Processing windows open, and wait for an hour, nothing happened. I had to use Task Manager to End Task so the Processing windows was able to close!

Try downloading and running this Microsoft uninstall fixit tool. It's worked for me when I have programs acting strangely.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, jrhoffman75!
I will give it a try, then I will post back!
I hope it works!

The problem still remains!

I really do not know how to make it work again!

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi jrhoffman75,
I tried to completely uninstall it by deleting all everything (folders, registry, temporary files, etc.) now it worked again!

Thank you so much for not leaving me alone!

Hi jrhoffman75,

Greetings from Singapore. I have the same issue with my DPP. I followed the link you attached. But however...which files should I reinstall or uninstall? I don't see Canon files among the listed. 

I actually uninstall one file - Microsoft Visual C++.... by mistake and it rendered my Photoshop unuseable. The Adobe staff actually repaired the file and my PS is ok again, Is it similarly situation with what happened to my DPP?

Sorry, this is the 1st it happened with the DPP in my PC. Appreciate your assistance. 

Warmest regards

Jensen 

Try deleting DPP using Control Panel Programs and then install latest version downloaded from Canon support site. Latest version is 4.7.2.1. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements