cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Photo Professional 4.11 Can't Convert and Save

Andy4
Apprentice

I am using DPP 4.11 and trying to convert and save a RAW file to a JPG file.  The software doesn't seem to work. the pop-up window apears, I press save and pop-up window goes away but no file is saved.  

I am using MacOS Catalina 10.15.

When I save the RAW file with edits. opening the file in Preview or Photos in the MacOS i only see the orginal RAW file and not the edits. only see the edits in DPP

AndyP

15 REPLIES 15

Yes, apparently it is an incompatibiity with Catalina.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@Andy4 wrote:
Must be big in the DPP for concert and save. It would not do for RAW file to JPG file in same or different directory. Only Batch save worked. Batch would give you an error message if you tried to batch save a jpg to same distort with same name.

It is no bug.  Every version of DPP will not overwrite a JPEG file, either Windows or macOS.  It seems to be by design.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Andy4 wrote:
Must be big in the DPP for concert and save. It would not do for RAW file to JPG file in same or different directory. Only Batch save worked. Batch would give you an error message if you tried to batch save a jpg to same distort with same name.

It is no bug.  Every version of DPP will not overwrite a JPEG file, either Windows or macOS.  It seems to be by design.  

The bug relates to Convert & Save not functioning properly in Catalina. It is reported else where on the internet.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Canon issued DPP 4.11.1

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Trieu
Apprentice

Me too

Hi Everyone

I upgraded to Version 4.11.1

Convert and save...  working for me to convert to jpg

Batch process...  working for me to convert to jpg

i have no problems opening and editing the saved jpg's in other programs.  ie Photos, Affinity

thanks

Announcements