cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Photo Professional 4.10.20 on MacOS Mojave

StephanSparrius
Apprentice

I am trying to run Digital Photo Professional 4.10.20 for Mac OS X on MacOs Mojave 10.14.5. It installs the software correctly, but when I try an open the app, i get the message "An Error Ocurred:. What can I do to run DPP?

Thnaks

Stephan

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

StephanSparrius

You haven't provided much info for us beyond basic description and complaint.

Fresh install or update from previous version? 

What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Uninstalling and reinstalling?

The more you share, the easier it might be for others to help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick

Short answer is original, updated, and fresh isntalations. Details below.

It was working on my MacBook, but then I ran a Time Machine recover of my last backup (from when it was still working). The other Canon utilities still function as normal (e.g. EOS Utility 3), just not DPP. When I opened DPP I got "An Error Occurred" message, with no more information.

So then I first tried to reinstall it, by simply downloading the latest version and installing the newly downloaded DMG file for DPP. When I opened the updated DPP I still got "An Error Occurred" message, with no more information.

So then I deleed the app from Applciations, and cleared the recycle bin. Then downlaoded DPP DMG file again, and installed the newly downloaded DMG file. When I opened the updated DPP I still got "An Error Occurred" message, with no more information.

So now I am at a loss. Any ideas?

Same problem here: Had to restore my Mac from TimeMachine. DPP worked before, but does no longer do now with the error message An problem occured. Re-installed multiple times. Could not get DPP working again on my MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

No luck here either. It seems that Canon apps are old 32 bit (i assume) and therefore no longer wokrs on Mac. I have started using non Canon apps, which is sad.

Hi StephanSparius, it did work on my Mac before, but I had to re-install from TimeMachine Backup, that when it stopped working.

Announcements